Our client, a well-established manufacturer is now looking to welcome a Technology Support Engineer to their busy support team. They’re looking for someone to provide excellent user support through a variety of different ways (e-mail, phone, remote tools, hands-on) and who has an ability to respond and understand the needs of the business quickly, always maintaining a patient and calm manner while dealing with users across the entire business.
- Monitoring the help desk (responding and prioritizing help desk tickets)
- Developing/maintaining deployment automation for Windows images
- Deploying new desktop/laptop/servers
- Managing desktop antivirus monitoring
- Installing/deploying workstations/laptops/other IT equipment
- Planning /implementing server upgrades (maintaining updates & vendor-supplied patches)
- Providing detailed documentation on engineering analysis, solutions, etc.
- Supporting mobile devices (Android, iOs)
- Troubleshooting/administration of hardware and software (Windows Server 2003-2012, Windows 7&10, Office 365, Active Directory Administration)
- 24/7 support on-call rota
- Travel between UK and abroad sites
- Experience providing 1st/2nd/3rd line support for
- Windows Server 2003-20012
- Citrix XenApp +
- Windows (All versions)
- Mac Support- OSX, iOs, Apple hardware (basic)
- SQL Server
- Active Directory
- Networking (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DNS, Firewalls)
- Great customer service skills
- Great communication skills (Verbal, written)
- Great planning, prioritising, organising skills
- Target focused
- Great analytical/problem solving abilities
This role will require a driving license as there will a requirement for infrequent travel between UK sites.
Interested? Get in touch to find out more!